ICE

Dave2

I'm not sure about that area....but I know that there was 26" up in the Kapuskasing area as of last week....probably more now with the cold temps. I just hope it's all gone by May 25.....I'm leaving for 9 days for north of Cochrane.....ice please be gone....please be gone.....

Jason

I do a drive-in remote camping/fishing trip every year. Why pay $800-1500....when you can drive to several lakes north of cochrane with LOTS of fish for 1/4 of the price with the comforts of my own boat. Just gas and food with no schedule to follow.....not for everyone...but that's way I like to do it. I just hope that the ice is gone....we were up there on May 22 a couple of years ago and the lake still had ice!!! There's no signs of a significant warm up in the next couple of weeks either.

Jason

If the Geraldton area is anything like us, and it is only 3 hrs. away, they will probably have ice-out by the 2nd weekend in May at the latest. The forecast for this coming week is kinda cold beginning, then only just below 0C, to above OC for highs, lots of ice will disappear in those temps, evaporation, melting, etc.

You should not have a problem.

I was fishing a lake that was probably only 1 hr. south of Geraldton, lattitude wise last saturday, and there was only 18" of ice, 3 inch hard ice, 6 inch slush layer, then the rest solid, but the shoreline was soft. Any sustained temps around 0C will cause it to release and the wind, and possible rains by the end of the week will cause it to deplete rather fast.