computer help needed

grt1

I don't know if any of you have the answer to my question but I hope so.

Thunderbay tel has teamed up with rogers to provide something called the "rocket hub" that provides home phone service, acts as a router and provides internet service via the 4g network.

Here's my problem. About 3 weeks ago i bought a new asus computer (laptop) and when i brought it home, the wifi would connect ok but when the computer is restarted after shut down, the wifi wouldn't connect. i kept getting the reset your wifi adapter message. After i discovered where the switch was to do that, it would ask for the system password and after that was entered, i'd get the message "unable to connect" or it would keep coming up with the prompt for the system password.

i've taken it back to the shop where i bought it and they have had it more than i have trying to get it fixed . so today they are coming back out to the house to try it with my rocket hub because they can't get it to fail on their wifi system.

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions to try.

As you have the guys from the shop coming round, they'll probably help you out especially if you make decent coffee :)

It sound like authentication problems on the router - assuming you have encryption turned on (recommend WEP) and can connect once everything should get saved and it just works. Not familiar with the rocket hub but wlan is wlan :)