Clear/ Stoney Lake

canada414

Hi OFC,

This weekend is my big father son fishing trip (and now younger brother). We annually head to Clear lake this is probably the 5th year. We generally have lots of success for Bass but have only managed to land one walleye (still in the learning stage). If anyone has any tips for spots, bait or anything else it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Lukas,

I caught a 5lbs walleye in Stoney (you do mean Kawartha Stoney right?) using a bright pink 1/4oz maribou jig, bounced off bottom in 15 feet. (Search "pink don't stink" on OFC) The same year I got last place in the Stoney Lake combo tourny haha. Well technically we "didn't finish"... Hit a rock and killed the motor.

Actually I think that tourney is next weekend, or the following.

I caught a 5lbs walleye in Stoney (you do mean Kawartha Stoney right?) using a bright pink 1/4oz maribou jig, bounced off bottom in 15 feet. (Search "pink don't stink" on OFC) The same year I got last place in the Stoney Lake combo tourny haha. Well technically we "didn't finish"... Hit a rock and killed the motor.

Actually I think that tourney is next weekend, or the following.

Yup that's the stoney the tourney is next weekend too

might be a little late but u can use the info for next time, I used to fish on clear alot, but not the best fishing spot. over the span of 3 yrs we landed our share of nice walleye. average were anywhere from 15-20 inches easy and every summer someone would land some nice monsters too. over the years we prob landed 5-6 25-30 inchers no joke.

best spots we found were off the main channel staight out from youngs point across from the green cottages we got some nice walleye off the red marker in the weeds

another great spot and prob the best producing area is halfway down on the north side you will see a cottage that looks like a castle you cant miss it. 15-20 feet deep and there are alot of weed beds also the bottom drops off. it goes from 30ft real fast to about 10-20 and that's where we cought alot of walleye.

we used white mr twisters and they seemed to hit just before dark, seems like there's an hr window where the action will just pick up. it will go from being dead to none slop.