Binbrook Update

Darrel

Not the best of days fishing today, but not the worst either! The water was warmer than I expected with the heat over the past two days. I was hoping that the past rain that we had, would have cooled down the waters enough to bring out some big guns, but nope, no such luck!!! :dunno: The day was not a total right-off, reeling in a 4+ lb pike and a small mouth made it all worth while. The worst part of the day was deciding whether or not to put the poor fishies back. :blink: My one photo explains it all. Looks like Binbrook is still having some water issues. Today, there was a nice blanket of green, florescent, milk covering the top of the lake....nice...NOT!!! :whistling: Although the water didn't look too pretty on the surface, it sure was calm and very peaceful there today. Seeing it was a slow day for nibblers, I took the time to capture a few photos of the surroundings. Very pretty actually!!! :thumbsup_anim: Enjoy!!! B)

IMG00564-20110911-1002.jpg

Just over 4 lbs :good:

IMG00565-20110911-1003.jpg

You can really see the milky green crap in the water here..... nice pike though! :good:

Edited by Big Bass Man

This is what reel fish eat! LOL....and yes, I meant to spell real like that.

Get it, reel? hahaha...I kill me with my fishin' etiquette :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Anywayzzzzz...movin' right along. :whistling: LOL

DSC_0193 - Copy.JPG

Edited by Big Bass Man

catch and release for bass, pike, and walleye at binbrook. panfish and course fish are allowed but not suggested due to the contamination found in the waters. as for the green stuff on the water surface i'm going to assume algae of some sort? i'm not too sure. but congratz on the pike thats a good size for binbrook :thumbsup_anim:

Hey Miller

I'm aware of the C&R at Binbrook; that's what I do anywhere I fish, but what I'm saying is, I'd rather find another home for ALL the fish at Binbrook :thumbsup_anim: It's only the second time I've been there and I really enjoy going . It's only a 20 minute drive for me and it REALLY is pretty scenery around the lake to admire....especially on a slow day like I had there yesterday:blink: LOL.

Nice shots, and a good way to fluff-up the post count... :whistling:

Hey Garry, with 2 R's

You like the way I boost my counts eh? :angel:

I'm finding out that a lot of people on here, much like myself, enjoy a good fishing story, so what the hell...I'm just giving you what you want. :good: I grew up camping and fishing in the London area with my mom, dad and six brothers, so around the campfire at night, there was a lot of story tellin' to be had. They're are good memories and this site gives me an opportunity to remember some of them as well as make some more....

IMG00398-20110812-1200.jpg

even if it is just to post a pic of my little bro's best catch of the day :thumbsup_anim:

Oh, okay, I have some small pics in the archives of my NOT so great day too!!! :whistling:

IMG00368-20110802-0958.jpg

How have you been doing on the waters?

Edited by Big Bass Man

Hey Garry, with 2 R's

You like the way I boost my counts eh? :angel:

I'm finding out that a lot of people on here, much like myself, enjoy a good fishing story, so what the hell...I'm just giving you what you want. :good: I grew up camping and fishing in the London area with my mom, dad and six brothers, so around the campfire at night, there was a lot of story tellin' to be had. They're are good memories and this site gives me an opportunity to remember some of them as well as make some more....

IMG00398-20110812-1200.jpg

even if it is just to post a pic of my little bro's best catch of the day :thumbsup_anim:

How have you been doing on the waters?

Hello D. with 2R's

I was out with a couple of clients on Saturday. We fished for bass on Stoney Lake.

It was supposed to be overcast, but turned out to be a very bright day.

It warmed up nicely and it was great to be out on the water, but it wasn't exactly great fishing weather.

We caught (and released) about a dozen mixed SMB/LMB on plastic worms and half a dozen more on a spinnerbait. The fish seemed to be picking the worms off the bottom, not hitting it on the fall, so we went from weightless to a split-shot rig to get the bait into the strike-zone faster.

I have no pictures to post because I broke the view-screen on my camera by carrying in around in my pants pocket. I would gladly replace it with a model that only has an eye-level view finder, but I can't seem to find one...I guess that is too old school. It looks like I will have to get a faggy-looking little pouch to wear on my belt, to keep from breaking the screen on the next one too. :wallbash:

Garry2rs

Hello D. with 2R's

I was out with a couple of clients on Saturday. We fished for bass on Stoney Lake.

It was supposed to be overcast, but turned out to be a very bright day.

It warmed up nicely and it was great to be out on the water, but it wasn't exactly great fishing weather.

We caught (and released) about a dozen mixed SMB/LMB on plastic worms and half a dozen more on a spinnerbait. The fish seemed to be picking the worms off the bottom, not hitting it on the fall, so we went from weightless to a split-shot rig to get the bait into the strike-zone faster.

I have no pictures to post because I broke the view-screen on my camera by carrying in around in my pants pocket. I would gladly replace it with a model that only has an eye-level view finder, but I can't seem to find one...I guess that is too old school. It looks like I will have to get a faggy-looking little pouch to wear on my belt, to keep from breaking the screen on the next one too. :wallbash:

Garry2rs

Hey, I have one of those faggy looking pouches on my belt, but it says Nikkon on it , so it don't look AS faggy...depending on who's judging, I suppose...lmao!!!

I'm not too sure how much I will get out on the water from here on in. Back to school and time to put the seat belt on and buckle down for the ride of my life!!! This year is really gonna test my will of knowledge....where's that EASY button? :blink: ....... staples-easy-button-logo-2.jpg ....awwww, there it is!!! :clapping: LOL

Would be nice to get up to see you before you close up shop for the season though!! Weekends are best for me from now 'til x-mas, so I'll keep you informed if the offer is still on the table?

Talk soon!

-D-

Hey, I have one of those faggy looking pouches on my belt

oh dear...don't see this heading anywhere good. As far as the post count I think Garry means you did a separate post for each photo, rather than just putting all the photos under one post...inflates a post count artificially