Fishing in Oshawa ??

TheKDOG1970

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to fishing here in Ontario and specifically to Oshawa. Was wondering if anyone has any decent places to just through out a line and maybe catch a fish or two, doesn't matter what kind, just want to get out and have a little fun. I've read about Wilmot creek but not really sure where on it to try so I'm going to head out today and try a few places but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, K.

Welcome to OFC and the Oshawa area! There are lots of fish in the area...just depends on how mobile you are...what equipment you have and what you skill level is...

For instance, big Salmon are at creek mouths, but you will have to fight potential crowds and have a pretty good heavy setup. If panfish is what you want then there are lots of potential places as well.

Oshawa creek is a good start.

Here's a link that may be useful...always make sure you have the regulations handy to see what's in season and what is not etc...depending on the time of year, not all these spots are open.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/LetsFish/2ColumnSubPage/STEL02_165643.html

Edited by ccmt

Welcome to OFC and the Oshawa area! There are lots of fish in the area...just depends on how mobile you are...what equipment you have and what you skill level is...

For instance, big Salmon are at creek mouths, but you will have to fight potential crowds and have a pretty good heavy setup. If panfish is what you want then there are lots of potential places as well.

..... what about for walleye Cliff????? hmm hmmm.... :w00t:

sorry had to.

Edited by Harrison

and for walleye Cliff????? hmm hmmm.. ;)

sorry had to.

LOL Harrison! Truth be told, I haven't tried for them in over a year in that "spot". You can only catch so many 13 lb+ walleye before you start getting bored. ;):whistling:

Trade you a spot for that new Okuma float reel??? LOL :Gonefishing:

Edited by ccmt

Here's a link that may be useful...always make sure you have the regulations handy to see what's in season and what is not etc...depending on the time of year, not all these spots are open.

http://www.mnr.gov.o...L02_165643.html

Appreciate your support, I haven't caught a Salmon before, may be fun but panfish are the easiest. Also would love to catch some Pike or bass if there are any around.

K.