Daytrip on Scugog tomorrow... Any Tips?

Raycaster

Heading to Scugog tomorrow Friday Aug 25 (early morning till dark) and wondering how the fishing has been there.

Probably launch from gorski's (suggestion from fine OFC member) and probably will target bass but if a muskie wants to visit...

Anyways, any tips would be appreciated and hopefully the storms haven't scared the fish!

Should I pick some leeches or worms up for the harnesses or just stick to the standard lures?

Thanks.

My first tip would be to save some weight & space and leave the crank baits at home. You really can't throw cranks on the bog anytime past about May, unless you feel like gardening all day!

Launching at Goreski's puts you pretty close to some good water. There will probably be more than a few boats working around the channel markers. Those guys are after walleye.

For bass you can shoot directly to the other side of the lake and north a little to the mouth of the Nonquon, and even work up into the river. Lots of bass in there, but also lots of weeds.

Good luck!

Thank you for the great reply.

I've fished Cache Bay alot so I'm used to the weeds, actually kinda prefer them!

If your luanching at Goreski`s just as your coming out of the channel to the right you will want to fish that whole stretch of bank,the banks are under cut. Flip a jig/pig,senko, a lot of nice bass call that undercut bank home.

If you plan on fishing in the evening you might want to try drifting through the thick weeds adjacent to Goreskis dunking a chartreuse spinner bait into the pockets, when the eyes are in the mood it can be a lot of fun!!

If your luanching at Goreski`s just as your coming out of the channel to the right you will want to fish that whole stretch of bank,the banks are under cut. Flip a jig/pig,senko, a lot of nice bass call that undercut bank home.

If you plan on fishing in the evening you might want to try drifting through the thick weeds adjacent to Goreskis dunking a chartreuse spinner bait into the pockets, when the eyes are in the mood it can be a lot of fun!!

You guys are awesome! Hopefully some pics when I get back tomorrow night late. Again, thz a ton.

I was going to same thing ,go to right by seven mile island ,and even out about 100' from the piont there, and drift with a worm harness ,got huge ones that way,, also go towards the buoys and the one farther down ,usually the third one down from goreskis but i am sure some are missing ,and drift back and forth over the channel ,.good luck .