eagle lake

strakey

Hey there Haliburton board members. I will be up at eagle lake this weekend at Sir Sam's and was wondering what type of fish are in the lake and how good the fishing is? Any help would be appreciated as there is no info anywhere on the web.

regards

andy

Edited by spawn

Smallies and Lakers for sure, I would also think that the are largemouth in there also. You generally have to put in the time to find the spots that are holding fish, Look for any kind of weed in deeper water and start there using tubes and wacky rigs, get the bait to the bottom right on the edge. Look for any rocky shoals and use the same baits. Use naturaly colour baits in the clear water. You can try for lakers, but they are tougher at this time of the year. Try vertical jigging in deeper water for lakers.

Smallies and Lakers for sure, I would also think that the are largemouth in there also. You generally have to put in the time to find the spots that are holding fish, Look for any kind of weed in deeper water and start there using tubes and wacky rigs, get the bait to the bottom right on the edge. Look for any rocky shoals and use the same baits. Use naturaly colour baits in the clear water. You can try for lakers, but they are tougher at this time of the year. Try vertical jigging in deeper water for lakers.

Thanks for the response Jimmer!! I kinda guessed at smallies or lakers due to the fact that it is a "kettle type lake" but you never know if there is anything else in there. Also most of my fishing will have to be done from shore so lakers are out of the question. Its to bad that the MNR has changed up their fishing guide and rule book from the old one with all the lakes and fish species in it. Again thanks for the reply

This is not 100% accurate. It doesn't list any bass, LM or SM, in the lake I was just fishing. I caught LM and saw baby SM.

I know that, I catch smallmouth in several lakes that does not list them all the time. But it's better than nothing, and I was just trying to help spawn fill the void of the old MNR listing. Which I have no idea if they were accurate, either, I haven't got a copy.