Muskie between Quinte and Lake O???

F_ast

Going to a cousins Cottage early October for just a family guys weekend. I have never fished the aMea before, but is there a decent muskie population or is it not even worth my time to try? His cottage is in the Picton area and I beleive he said South bay...?

I am an avid muskie fisherman through the Kawartha's, Muskoka's and up into the French. If there is an opportunity for some late season Muskie action, I'd like to hit it up.

Thanks,

Not worth your time in that area, best to head east 30 minutes and get past Kingston and into the river.

The reach is pounded by people trolling cranckbaots in the fall and I still have not heard of a muskie coming out of this stretch ( tho they must be a couple)

I have always wondered this too , why there isnt more ski's in this stretch.

man thats one of north americas prime walleye areas,fish for them....and thats when they will be there big time....or use some of your muskie tactics and fish for pike...theres some very decent ones there for sure...if you have a boat go about half hour north...or east into the st.lawrence,or over to west lake,lots of spots real close,but man try for a walleye of a lifetime,....give us some more info and i can give ya more details...cheers

As others have said targeting walleye or pike is your best bet. Huge walleye in fair numbers will be coming into that area from Lake Ontario about that time.

Have seen some pictures in reports here from Quinte of musky but not for 6-7 yrs. They were caught incidentally while targeting bass there and about 30-35 inches in size. One regular contributor here mentioned a 'ski hit his jig 'n pig and it was so big he could barely move it before it snapped his line.

They seem to be there but are rarely caught.