Fishing in Montreal

bobowski

Hello everyone,

Im going to be visiting my GF who is working temperarily in Montreal this coming weekend and I was thinking about bringing a rod to do some shore fishing if possible. Im getting there Thursday and I figure that while she is at work on Thursday and Friday I can sneek out and do some fishing from shore. I'm staying at the Le Square Phillips Hôtel & Suites on St Catherine street. I took a look at google maps and it looks like I'm only a few kilometers from the water that im guessing is the St Lawrence. I did some research and found that there is Sturgeon in there which has sparked my interest because I have never caught one of those monters before. I guess my question is, Does anyone know where there is accessible spots to fish around the area and what other species can I find there? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Head to the old Port. The people at the hotel should be able to tell you how to get there from the Hotel.I have heard of people catching Sturgeon and huge walleye right off the pier.How laong are you in town for?

Head to the old Port. The people at the hotel should be able to tell you how to get there from the Hotel.I have heard of people catching Sturgeon and huge walleye right off the pier.How laong are you in town for?

Im taking the bus there (cheaper then paying for gas and parking)arriving Thursday and leaving Monday morning. Im guessing that the setup for Sturgeon is probably a very similar setup as fishing for Channel Cats on the grand. 3oz slip egg sinker with a heavy duty circle hook and could probably throw some deep diving cranks for the Walleye.

Never fished sturgeon, but that sounds about right. Too bad i'm out of town next weekend, we could have hooked up, and gone out in my boat. PM me the next time you are in town.

Thanks for your help. Just talked to the GF and she told me that she walked to the old port in 15 minutes the other night.