Boat advice (canoe, inflatable, tin, etc)

adolson

Yours looks too new to have rusty bolts letting water in. :) Also, in that pic, it's sitting much higher in the water than mine does. I took note today, and for sure the water level goes over the bolt holes when I'm in it. I may be sitting too far back... I also sit really low - I have to reach my arm up beside my head to steer, haha. I should try like you're doing in that pic. What are you sitting on, anyhow?

Yours looks too new to have rusty bolts letting water in. :) Also, in that pic, it's sitting much higher in the water than mine does. I took note today, and for sure the water level goes over the bolt holes when I'm in it. I may be sitting too far back... I also sit really low - I have to reach my arm up beside my head to steer, haha. I should try like you're doing in that pic. What are you sitting on, anyhow?

I am sitting on a wooden box that the battery is in ;)

Sportspal is a great canoe, and way better than any inflatable you can buy for under $500. It's pretty stable (provided you don't try anything stupid, like standing up to cast) and the foam blocks will work just fine on the car roof.

At one point in life I owned a Zodiac. Great boat, but having to set it up and take it apart all the time became a pain in the butt. It sat in the basement (unused) for years before I finally got rid of it.

I own a Zodiac. I use it for Duck hunting. It takes 15-20 minutes MAX to set-up. Is it really that hard to set-up or are you just lazy... I suggest you rethink your stance on what is hard and what is easy...

Setting up a Zodiac is ridiculously easy... you just put the floor in and turn on the air pump then wait 15 minutes. Done. Is that really "a pain in the butt"??!!@??!!!

Man, people are lazy these days.

Heh, nice! It looks so new in the first pic. :) Might be just the sponsons or whatever they're called (side foam is my name for them), because of the round washers or whatever (mine has lengths of aluminum, curved. Hard to explain, I don't know the proper term. You could probably see in the pic anyhow).

I wanna go out today but the wife isn't feeling good and my buddy is out of town. I need more friends. Might try off the shore, I guess.