Vinyl Floor Repair

Hi everybody,

Just looking for tips on how to repair tears and gouges in vinyl floors. I purchased my first rig in the spring, previously enjoyed, with some minor wear in the vinyl which I would like to repair. Any tips and advice on products and processes would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Millhouse

"as an example the pic shows a small (dime sized) flap tear in the vinyl on the edge of the casting platform"

Pic4.jpg

I had a 3" flap gouge done by a plastic lawn chair that broke. I glued it with contact cement and it's held now for 3 years. If I ever by another boat I don't know if I would go to vinyl again. I find it gets soft in the sun and slippery when wet. The only upside, it cleans.

Edited by Fish Farmer

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

if you still have the flap i would glue it down into place and might be tempted to cover it in a thin layer of something like aquaseal (used to repair waders) to make sure water isn't getting underneath.

When I used to install and repair vinyl flooring, any seam, we would use what they call in the business "seam sealer" ,actually melted the vinyl together and was now stronger than the original flooring. Water proof and would never tear at that spot again.

When I used to install and repair vinyl flooring, any seam, we would use what they call in the business "seam sealer" ,actually melted the vinyl together and was now stronger than the original flooring. Water proof and would never tear at that spot again.

Thanks guys. Davey, where would I get my hands on this "seam sealer" stuff???