Battery Issue?

express168

I have borrowed my brothers boat for this weekend ( used to be mine that I bought brand new but sold to him) to fish Rice Lake with my son, my friend and his son. I was getting the boat set up and installed the original Stowaway Battery for the motor and the deep cycle upfront and have an extra deep cycle. I went to crank the motor and I heard the initial beep but when I went to crank the motor nothing. I checked all the fuses, the kill switch, and put it on the charger and it reads full charge. So I tried it again and once again I heard the initial beep but it would not crank. So I put the extra deep cycle battery in the back instead of the Stowaway and it started the motor no problem, multiple times. I checked the Stowaway and it had some corrosion on the terminals so I cleaned the terminals with a scrub pad, but have not tried it again ( I will when I get to Rice) do you believe the corrosion could be the problem or do any of you have some other ideas. I am confused because it is showing a full charge on the charger but it is the original battery from 2004 could be done? Any suggestions would be appreciated, by the way it is a sealed battery no where to add water.

I forgot that tomorrow is a holiday.

To many things going on today...LOL

Either wait until saturday or sunday to test it at ctc or put it on the trolling motor and see how it does.

Since you have 2 deep cycles, if it doesnt work the trolling motor then you have a back up battery.