Possesion of live carp in ontario

spinnerdoc

Just wanted to know, i thought i read somewhere bef. that selling live carp was not permitted anymore? Am i mistaken or am i correct? I was in the understanding that they can only be sold frozen, i myself do not eat them. I saw some being sold today in a live tank, a mirror carp, rare as it is to see them but there it was. So if it's legal all is well but if it's not? Again Paul at angling specialties told me once that they cannot be sold live any more unless the rules have changed .

Edited by spinnerdoc

I just saw a show in the USA on the invading carp and they showed that it was illegal to sell them live, they had to kill them first and then sell if someone wanted to purchase one at the store. They killed it right then and there for the sale. Not sure if it is the same in Canada.

I can see why they had them live in the tank if that was the case, i know they kill them when they are sold.

I know when Paul told me that, i didn't see any live carp in the tanks for a while, now they are back at least at this location

Edited by spinnerdoc