Point Au Baril

skdds

Back to POB this year, weather awful ( as usual...was supposed to be 3 days of sun when I booked-became three days of cold and rain once I got there) In search for eyes...did not disappoint! Had to work hard to get em, and managed to land about 6 in the 19-25" range as well as a couple eaters. Most productive in the Shawanaga River. Tough weekend, but better than working as the saying goes and I will still have a fish fry when I get home. Enjoy the pic, did not take too many photos unfortunately.-skdds

DSCN7028.jpg

Early summer up in P.A.B. can be amazing fishing for everything. Remember everything happens later up there. Eyes are usually hanging in about 11-15ft all over up there. Mid summer behind Bonnie can be amazing, but can come up dry too. That's the best part of P.A.B. Its one of the hardest places to fish. I wouldn't choose any other place. Its becoming over fished though now.

Ahhh Point Au Baril.. there should still be a 120 volt recepticle inside (behind the access cover) on the 2nd light post of the docks right where the river comes out!! Forget what year it was when I hooked that up live, but about 20 years ago when Leah and I headed to Manitoulin in the Tempest.

A nice fish there fella and a wonderful meal I'm sure!

Thanks Guys,

..this is my third trip there..could fish POB for a whole life and never hit all the potential spots. May come back for the next trip in the fall, also always wanted to try the French a little farther up the road..skdds