Bass Opener

kevin14rox

On the opening I like to fish a weedy bay with solid body toad/frogs. I fish them fast, like a buzz-bait.

I will also have some Senko style worms on board and some shallow crankbaits, just in case the toads don't do it.

I've fished arrowhead often. I found white crank baits and chartreuse jig heads with smoke grubs excellent during the day. In the evening...you couldn't beat zara spooks. I found the majority of my fish on the opposite side of the beach against the rock wall during the day and closer to the beach for the evening topwater bite.

Hope that helps

White spinner baits are always a winner. Colorado blades for more vibration in murky waters or willowleaf blades in heavy vegetation and more flash.

Senkos, as mentioned above, work nicely too!

Gulp worms/minnows also produce too. There's an endless amount of lures to use that bass will hit. They eat anything! A friend even had bread under a bobber and they still hit.

There are some lunkers in the big east river as well as trophy pike. Down by the dwyre monument has good acess for shore fishing. Best done in a canoe. Ive fished that river all the way from algonquin park down to arrowhead i get excited just thinkin about it.