annual fishing trip this sunday

lplp

Well it has been a long winter and our trip is among us,, gogama area ,lake mattigami ,,, going up afterr the tourny and staying for the week there,, 9 guys going this year and looking forward to it .. will post pics hopefully when i get back ,, how are the bugs up there ..

sounds like a good time

how do you guys usually do on Metagami?

We usually go to a different area every year,, first time up to that lake this time and we have been to foylet ,gowganda ,quebec etc. hopefully we can find a spot to go yearly again,quebec was to far and paying for extra license doesnt cut it with most of us and we figured ontario is just as good or better,foylet we did good a few years ago but last year at ggowganda wasnt to good but o.k. we dont do the tourny ,we couldnt get in until after it was over and we hope we will be up there to see end of it and spy out where they are fishing and bringing in the eyes...well a few last minutes things to shop for and leave,, i went to ctc and swore i wasnt go to buy any more fishing stuff and resisted on a lot of things and only ended up getting a small package of power bait minnows..

• 2 weeks later...

Well we came back from twin j hideaway , great place to stay if you are thinking about going to gogama area,, we left sunday morning from burlington at 4 a.m. so we could be there to see end of tournament, well we got about 30 minutes away and there was a fatal accident blocking 144 and they closed it down just after we got there ,, around 1p.m. ,the group ahead of us turned around right away and went back down and around to timmins and back down -took them another 7 hours ,, me and my buddy decided to wait it out and told the cops we found a spot to fish and wait it out ,they said go ahead and check back around 9 p.m ,we found a great spot just to sit and relax and throw a few lines in ,hooked a pike but we just took it easy ,bugs were bad there,,, we went back up to scene and they were still doing there thing and cop said that he was going to let us through around 10 or so after they picked up trucks ,around 11 or so he let us pass finally ,20 minutes away we were there,, so day one was a right off,,,.

The fishing wasnt to bad but should of been better i think , a lot of pike were caught by our group and walleye everyday , one or two and the odd five in the boat ,the tournament up there they said it was good and you can do a search for first nations reserve mattagami lake ,the owner at reserve said that the first time in a long time one of his band members placed in the top 10 ,very nice group up there.. well my buddy didnt catch anything all week and i didnt catch until wednesday evening when we found a hole and they were biting big time ,got a 19 and 16 ,they were biting so soft ,so i put a stinger on and even then that is all i could get for the week.. the last day i got a small pike on a dollar store lure (white and pink) .We had a great time and the bugs were bad and really affected my fishing partner and i will stand near him all the time now,,, .Alot of people at lodge were catching but not like usual they said and was hard this year for some reason also,,, .Here is a picture of my buddys canoe that we used all week ,, electric motor ,pontoons,fishfinder swivel seats and music if he wouldnt of blown his inverter for it.. Well looking for another spot next year already and maybe up hwy 11 next year... pic to big to upload will resize .