Cooks Bay Fishing?

jedimaster

Anyone have ideas on where to find perch or crappiein cooks bay? Preferably somewhere near the keswick side. I might be heading out tomorrow. Maybe some tips on depths or sturcture to look for? I haven't really done much panfishing accept for the crappie opener I do every year on the tri lakes. Any tips would be much appreciated.

We were out in the bay on Saturday morning... anywhere there was a drop-off seemed to be teeming with fish.

The perch were feeding... but the cold, drizzly, windy weather was very, very different than tomorrow will be!

That's all I know.

Well the winds were nuts today. Upwards of 25-30km per hour. We went out for a bit into the bay but the gf was scared so we went back into the river and just floated around. We took the trolling motor all the way up the riverpast the bridge on woodbine and down at least a few km's. Its pretty cool back there looks. likey a bayou in lousianna. All it was missing was some crocs and an old man with playing Mouth harp. :)

The river down at that end was teeming with huge and I mean huge carp. it was pretty cool actually. Didn't really do any fishing but it was a nice day once we got out of the wind. I am hoping sunday is a bit less windy so we can go out onto the bay and try some of those perch and crappie spots.