Big Carp from Last weekend(big cat pics soon too)

redskullz

Last weekend we spent a bit of time fishing in the dunnville area and we did alright!! We started off going out for some perch on saturday at 2:30 pm and got a few nice keepers, and a bunch of silver bass and sheepshead. We quickly realized that minnows were working far superior to worms, so we formulated a game plan for the following morning to get back out there early and get a choice spot for perch. We left the perch spot and went to try for some dusk/night cats. We got a couple of small ones then i hooked into a good one.(waiting for pics to be emailed)

DSCF1116.jpg

Next day we went out early and went out for perch again....did really well for 4.5 hours(waiting for pics to be emailed) from 6-10:30. Weather was miserable and the perch bite was shutting down so we decided to try for some rainy weather cats. Got a couple of small ones and then i had a solid hit on my 3/0 worm hook stuffed with 3 nightcrawlers. Setting the hook i instantly knew i had something big....after a good scrap and her doing some good runs and lots of bulldogging on the bottom i managed to get her beside the dock, and saw it wasnt a cat but a big old carp. Without a net landing her was quite a task, but after multiple attempts she was on the dock. My brother in law got a pic on his cellphone. We estimated at around 30 pounds, but now that i really look at it more like 25 maybe....im 6' 3" if that helps anyones guess. wink.gif

IMG00078-20110522-1054.jpg

I am not sure if its my biggest carp or not, as when i was a kid i used to get huge carp that i couldnt lift and remember they were HUGE...lol (same with the cats)

We got a few more smaller cats and a couple of sheepshead, and with 20 minutes left to go before we had to leave i latched into another nice cat, probably around 15 pounds. (waiting for pics)

Edited by redskullz

Wow you managed to do the circuit. From cats to perch to carp !! Thats awesome !! And all in one place too and in only a day or two or three. Now that's great fishing !!

karper

Wow you managed to do the circuit. From cats to perch to carp !! Thats awesome !! And all in one place too and in only a day or two or three. Now that's great fishing !!

karper

Thanks for the comments!

We were planning to try for some crappie instead of perch but apparently most had vacated the area we were going to try, so we went for perch instead in another area. Got some pics of the cats and carp emailed, but my bro emailed them with windows live which i cant save the pics to upload for view... hopefully he can send them as an attachment tonight.

It was a great 2 days of fishing for sure! You have to love it when a plan comes together. :)

Thanks for the comments!

We were planning to try for some crappie instead of perch but apparently most had vacated the area we were going to try, so we went for perch instead in another area. Got some pics of the cats and carp emailed, but my bro emailed them with windows live which i cant save the pics to upload for view... hopefully he can send them as an attachment tonight.

It was a great 2 days of fishing for sure! You have to love it when a plan comes together. smile.gif

Doesn't windows live have a sharing folder where your friends just drag the photos into the sharing folding. You might be able to right click it and save it else where on your computer. Then upload them.

karper

Yeah i tried that, but all i could get was the one pic of the cat doing it that way...(right click and save) The other pics were in a slideshow type format and when i selected on of the pics it would prompt me to log into live. I tried right click saving the thumbnails, but no matter which pic i r-clicked to save it was the title pic.