This is just too much fun!

Big Cliff

Well, after two very long, long distance phone calls from Mr. Blair (at his expense) I just sent him this email:

Mr. Blair, I am sorry to inform you that my son has advised me that I

shouldn't continue to try to help you with this matter, he said it is some sort of a scam and that I will end up sending money and never get it back.

Since he works for the FBI in their fraud division I am inclined to believe that he knows what he is talking about. He did ask me to forward him the contact information though so that he could check into it. I am sure that once he finds out this is on the up and up he will let me go ahead and help you!

Best regards

C. Bignell"

Boy do I wish there was someone here in Canada that this could be reported too and that could actually do something about it!

There are just too many scams out there that target the elderly or nieve.

Even our own Bell Canada is guilty of taking advantage of the elderly. I know a person that works for a bell call centre, they got written up because they advised an elderly lady to talk to her son before signing up for a Bell Stick. The lady didn't even know what a Bell Stick was much less have a computer. She was just trying to be nice because the call centre person was so nice to her, she would have signed up for anything. The employee got a written repremand for that one! No wonder the turn over is so high at bell call centers (and they operate under many different names)

I have also found out that a lot of people are paying rent on old rotary dial phones that aren't even in service anymore but Bell won't tell them that they don't have to pay rent on them, they just keep collecting the money. There should be a law against this sort of thing, it is out and out fraud as far as I am concerned. You'd think CRTC would make them adhear to reasonable business practices but they still keep getting away with it.

Yup, good old Bell Canada!!!!!