Nipissing conditions:

wjw

Several questions...... I am heading up next week to fish Nipissing and the Upper French. Has the lake recovered from last years low water level? Are shore lunch fires permitted this year? Is the spring bloom running behind the norm? Thank you.

I hit the bait shop this morning and picked up 3 dozen worms. I passed on the leaches (even though they looked really active) as I think a slow presentation will be the best shot at eyes. Maybe just a jig with a stinger hook tipped with a fat worm lying on the bottom. If the walleye are not cooperating I'll turn to pike.

Do you grab your leeches at Discount, blair? are they priced half-decent?

Ya I was at Discount today. I'm just thinking it is too early for them. I may be wrong if you're nailing them on leaches send me a text. Didn't ask how much.Some huge ones too Joey.

Edited by Nipfisher

Lake Nipissing - 45152

12:00 PM EDT 19 May 2011

Buoy position: 46.23N 79.72W

Wind (knots)ENE 3 gust 3

Pressure and tendency (kPa)101.7 ↑

Wave height (m)0.1

Air temperature (°C)13

Wave period (s)2

Water temperature (°C)11

Water temp is 11 degrees and air is 13 now. It will make for a huge difference if we get up to 24 degrees like they are calling for. May keep the fishies really shallow in the warmer water.

Thanks for that info. Can you please post or PM me the link to get that info.?

Sure thing. I've been digging a lot for my upcoming Nosbonsing trip and have two links you might find useful. I plan to check them on my phone regularly even on the water.

The link for the in-water buoys current and past 24hr (updated every hour) is found here:

http://text.www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/marine/weatherConditions-currentConditions_e.html?mapID=10&siteID=05500&stationID=45152

The link for the weather stations posting showing current, upcoming, satellite and past 24 hour data is found here:

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/on-65_metric_e.html

If you click the "+More Info" it will show the satellite imagery and give up to the hour, past 24hr weather and barometric pressure.

Thanks for the info. Are the lilacs in bloom yet? I have found over-the-years that fishing picks up when the lilac bloom takes place? Sort of strange but past notes support it.

My lilacs opened in the front yard yesterday. I guess that means we're good to go.