Silent lake PP

Lunatic

I did a search that only turned up one old thread,so maybe others have been there since with some new information?

i have camping booked there in july,and hope to get a lot of fishing done. any tips,advice,experiences anyone would like to share would be nice.

what about rentals in the area? im not a fan of fishing out of canoes,dont anyone rent row boats anymore? lol

thanks in advance to those who reply

I did a search that only turned up one old thread,so maybe others have been there since with some new information?

i have camping booked there in july,and hope to get a lot of fishing done. any tips,advice,experiences anyone would like to share would be nice.

what about rentals in the area? im not a fan of fishing out of canoes,dont anyone rent row boats anymore? lol

thanks in advance to those who reply

I've never had much luck on Silent Lake assides from the occasional Smallmouth. There are apparently Lakers in there as well. I think the provincial park only rents out canoes, you cant use a motorized boat on Silent Lake, hence the name.

If you're looking to fish, i'd find a better lake...

You might be able to rent a boat up the road at Paudash Lake. There are some monster bass in that lake, but a challenge to catch at times if you don't know the waters. Fish around weed and rock and you should do fine. Use tube jigs and senkos. There is a marina and a couple of resorts on the lake that you can check out for boat rentals.

Dito on the fishing. Its not so great, I hate fishing for bass in a canoe, and I tried fishing for lakers there a few times without much success. If you camping to go fishing then you may want to search around, if your camping and are gonna go fishing then you should be ok. :)

right on, thanks.

its more of a camping having fun deal with days spent on the lake fishing,hopefully i can pull up a few bass.i havent caught or fished for small mouth in a few years,been mostly LM and pike,with a few walleye here n there.