Where the humber meets Lake O ?

valerie

Good morning everyone its friday and i cant wait to get outta work. I have a question for ya'll has anyone fished under the big white bridge on the lakeshore where the humber river runs into lake ontario. I should be heading out there saturday morning i was just wondering what bait or lures should i be using and what would be the best species to target ?. Its the last day for pike so i might try for them maybe also carp anything else ? Any help will be greatly appriciated thanks rob

Hey Rob,

It may still be too muddy at the mouth of the humber for pike. Never tried there.

Humber Bay park might be O.K. (west of the bridge you mentioned) There is a little bay on the South Side of the park.

You will see lots of people fishing for pike there.

If I get a break for lunch, I might head there myself.

Good luck!

Thanks snog im going to try and get out there at around 7 am and i need to get back at 11 my niece and nephews birthday party and my wife would have my bobbers if im not back by then. Should i try dead minnows or just lures/spinners/spoons. Thanks again snog

Thanks snog im going to try and get out there at around 7 am and i need to get back at 11 my niece and nephews birthday party and my wife would have my bobbers if im not back by then. Should i try dead minnows or just lures/spinners/spoons. Thanks again snog

Jerk baits (xrap, husky jerks) worked slow and deep

Dead minnows

Spoons and spinners a distant 3rd in my opinion for this time of year.

Thanks snog love the pics last week made my brothers and i very jealous great work i live near high park so i usually try grenadier pond for pike and bass but i dont think there are pike in there or maybe they are just very hard to catch have you tried there. :canadian:

Well you cant see them from there,hell you cant see them from anywhere anymore.LOL

Do you remeber the 4 stacks? coal plant? Yopu just keep traveling Lakeshore til you come to old Thermal rd. Left and follow. You,ll probly see some guys fishing for crap,,,,,,,,,,,,I mean carp.LOL

Why not give the absent four sisters place a try. Thats mostly clear and Im sure there is pike in there.

Hey Brian,

I've tried there,

Great structure, no pike???

Met a few other anglers who had the same experience.

Lots of other fish though.

Weird.

Thanks snog love the pics last week made my brothers and i very jealous great work i live near high park so i usually try grenadier pond for pike and bass but i dont think there are pike in there or maybe they are just very hard to catch have you tried there. :canadian:

Never tried,

Heard there are hammer handles there though.

Well got there at around 7:15 very cold water was very muddy after about an hour i decided to try humber bay park very windy with big waves tried a couple cast but went back to the bridge after another hour i tried for some carp the corn wasnt working . Then had another fisherman come by and tried for some pike he said best to use was live minnows not lures to many snags. Well didnt have anything to show for my 3 hours spent but none the less had a good time hope the other fisherman had some luck when i left. :Gonefishing: