Georgian Bay - Cottage Rentals

Afraz

Hey Guys,

We rented a cottage at Penetang, Georgian Bay - Simcoe, Durham (Property No.2425). Here is a link to the site :

http://www.cottagerentals.com/rent/listing.asp?PropID=2425

I was wondering how this area is for fishing, or if there any productive grounds nearby ? Are there any carp in Georgian Bay ? If my buddies were to chum the night before we arrived.

What else can we fish for ?

Also, are there any bait stores in the vicinity ? i know there is one in Midland. We had gone ice fishing through him once, last year but that's about all we know at this point.

Thanks

Hey Guys,

We rented a cottage at Penetang, Georgian Bay - Simcoe, Durham (Property No.2425). Here is a link to the site :

http://www.cottagerentals.com/rent/listing.asp?PropID=2425

I was wondering how this area is for fishing, or if there any productive grounds nearby ? Are there any carp in Georgian Bay ? If my buddies were to chum the night before we arrived.

What else can we fish for ?

Also, are there any bait stores in the vicinity ? i know there is one in Midland. We had gone ice fishing through him once, last year but that's about all we know at this point.

Thanks

Not much shore fishing unless you go south to Wasaga and the Notty river. There are rainbows, lakers and some salmon in the Bay off that cottage but you need a boat and downriggers. Around the Midland Penetang area the Severn Sound has just about every type of fish, but a boat is really needed. THere is a guy at the end of 15th concession on the right that does charters.

You'll do well within 1000 feet of Peekaboo trail if you use your head and fish the weed edges... No need to go too far.

My bad. Irish is right. I thought for some reason that Peek a Boo trail was over by my place on the water on the Nottawasaga Bay side. In Penetang Bay there are Pike, Large and SM Bass, lots of perch, the odd wally out near the island at the mouth of the bay. There are carp too, but I have never seen anyone fishing for them. They spawn in and around our marina. There is not much water access without a boat since almost all the land is private. If you are on the water at night, make sure you have proper lights. Boats run in and out at night and with the town light glare, its hard to see unlit boats.

Boats run in and out at night and with the town light glare, its hard to see unlit boats.

If running a boat just north of the Penetanguishene town dock, one of the green channel markers is broken off near the water line. It is hard to see in the day time so I can only imagine how hard it is to see at night.

Tom

If running a boat just north of the Penetanguishene town dock, one of the green channel markers is broken off near the water line. It is hard to see in the day time so I can only imagine how hard it is to see at night.

Tom

That's good to know. The chain would do a mess on the props if someone ran over it. That's such a busy area I am sure someone will hit it (someone already did obviously)