Grimsby Salmon/Trout Fishing

danbouck

I'm doing a lot of elevators at a marina in Grimsby (about time :thumbsup_anim: ) and will probably be there on and off for the next year. Since I will be working 10' from the water and a boat ramp I might as well take the boat out a few times.

Question is: How far away from some decent salmon and trout fishing am I? Planning on taking the boat out of Long Point in a couple weeks for Lakair and will have a couple weeks to play on Lake O with it. Biting the bullet on some gear this week too.

Start setting lines as soon as you clear the harbour, head west and troll the shallow water in behind the Truck Stop up to the rifle range markers and back, good spot for early browns and cohos. There's quite a few browns taken off the pier by the old pump house this spring.

Guest gbfisher

Not far. I'm sure you could get some up to date reports from spoon pulllers. I was down that way last friday morning for a couple hours and we went 6 for 9. Choho, chinnies, bows and browns.

A nice size 35" spawned out rainbow ............. :huh: that didn't fight. :dunno:

Some small cohos, teenager kings and some nice size browns reported.