product review

workwear

well........lets just say its a great peice of technology.........

at christmas my kids presented me with this box all wrapped up ....giggling and waiting in anticipation at my opening it....i've wanted to get this for a awhile now, but i could never come to spend the 500 or so for this toy...

so as i open it ,i see its the ipilot.....i don't know who was happier....them or me....lol...they said i had a tear in my eye ...but ill never admit it....

so on the weekend i joined the other 500 boats on the bay for some wally's....and a chance to play with this toy

wow....it performed flawlessly ...the spot on feature was great...it lets you stay anchored within a 5 ft mark of a certain point.. the motor would speed up and slow down to hold its position...no need for an anchor!!

recorded a few tracks just to see it work....it will come in real handy come bass season

at one point another boat was getting pretty close to us...but he wanted to ask bout the fishing....so we drifted within a ft of each other...i could see in his eyes that we might crash...as i was sitting in my driving chair....no one at the front of the boat to steer , so his thoughts were who is gonna get up and hit the trolling motor pedal....lol...no need no need had the remote with me a few taps and off i went in the other direction...his look was priceless...

to bad they cant team up with lowrance and buddy up with their gps

anyways...if you enjoy toys....this is a great addition

i put one on my boat 2 weeks before I pulled it in the fall, I loved what it could do. the anchor program is very impressive. but withonly a couple weeks of trying it I didn't get to fully play with it. I'm picking up a couple new batteries to use with it (my old batteries are pretty well at the end of their working lives) and can't wait to use it again.

I think it makes all other versions of the electric trolling motor obsolete.