new online fish tool

Hoppy

Looks cool, but its wrong, I looked up a lake where I know they stock speckled trout and not lake trout, and it shows as being stocked with lake trout. Good concept but need more accurate info. Don't count on this info for a fishing trip. Its not even consistent with the normal MnR stocking charts.

Looks cool, but its wrong, I looked up a lake where I know they stock speckled trout and not lake trout, and it shows as being stocked with lake trout. Good concept but need more accurate info. Don't count on this info for a fishing trip. Its not even consistent with the normal MnR stocking charts.

Did you read "PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE" ? Seems to be a common problem with people going on sites.

Of course I did. It would be good if the MnR could input there own data acuratly on the stocking portion though. I could see there being errors on the actual native fish in the systems. The stocking part though should be pretty accurate. The info comes from there own records after all.

My comment is still accurate. Looks neat, but the data is wrong. I know how much dev work and coin does into a project like that, and I feel the money would have been better spent on enforcement. Nothing short of a million dollars went into that I can almost guarantee it. You would need a PM, a couple of dev's Testers, QA's hardware to run it from, Someone to rack the hardware, Someone to procure it, GIS Tech to input the data etc.... Nice looking little tool, but all that work would have been good to get the data right, regardless of what ever disclamer they put along with it.

I personally hate how people feel like because they put a legal disclamer they feel like they are absolved ofdoing something right. Its very ignorant.

This site location was posted a couple of weeks ago and I think the general opinion was that the data was out of date.

We shouldn't be looking this gift horse in the mouth.

Obviously this was a big project and the old data can easily be updated now that it is up and running.

Missed the old thread. Like I said looks good, but data is pretty innacurate. Would be nice if they had a hydrographic layer versus a top layer since its geared towards being on the water. I am sure this must have been mentioned prior as well. Hopefully they can clean it up a bit.