Spring Hazz Sprung, The Grass Is Rizz . . . . .

Photoz

Ah h h h . . . . it's light at a decent time in the mornings . . . . and all the trout guys have abandoned my fave carping waters. I had a FIRST on April 21 this year . . . in ice-cold water, I nailed a 16 pound BMB . . . . ON A WORM! Fishing those big Lake Simcoe (redhorse?) suckers at Beaverton, on a 6' perching rod & 6 pound line, had no clue what I'd gotten a hold of . . it took 20 minutes to get him in close enough to see . . . . first thing I saw was those big ol' gold loonie-sized scales . . . a big beautiful bugle-mouth bass. I got my 40 kilo bag of corn yesterday, and still have lotsa stuff from last year, retied all my carp rods, I'm ready for Port Perry (Scugog) Saturday!! When does PICKEREL open? The guys who fish them can be a real pain too, getting in the way of us carpers! Any of the rest of you carpers starting to stir again? Are there many of us this year? Is the price of gas going to severly curtail your travelling range? See ya's out there!

Ah h h h . . . . it's light at a decent time in the mornings . . . . and all the trout guys have abandoned my fave carping waters. I had a FIRST on April 21 this year . . . in ice-cold water, I nailed a 16 pound BMB . . . . ON A WORM! Fishing those big Lake Simcoe (redhorse?) suckers at Beaverton, on a 6' perching rod & 6 pound line, had no clue what I'd gotten a hold of . . it took 20 minutes to get him in close enough to see . . . . first thing I saw was those big ol' gold loonie-sized scales . . . a big beautiful bugle-mouth bass. I got my 40 kilo bag of corn yesterday, and still have lotsa stuff from last year, retied all my carp rods, I'm ready for Port Perry (Scugog) Saturday!! When does PICKEREL open? The guys who fish them can be a real pain too, getting in the way of us carpers! Any of the rest of you carpers starting to stir again? Are there many of us this year? Is the price of gas going to severly curtail your travelling range? See ya's out there!

Hey Steve...I know where a couple of your favorite carpers are...They are chasing the so far elusive crappies...rolleyes.gif Things should heat up this week...

I'm afraid I won't be getting down to see our friend Rodpoddy except when I have a medical appointment...I don't know what mileage Splashopper gets but my old truck only gets 6.5 kilometers to a liter of gas...gone are the days of filling up both 70 liter tanks...it is only $40 at a time now and avoid driving it except when necessary...

Pickerel season opens May 14 (second Saturday of May) except for below most dams in area 17, when it opens a week later...

I don't even think about carping before June at Carp Point. In the next couple of weeks I'll be getting all geared up for it. The first run of the season on the baitrunner....man that's music to my ears :thumbsup_anim: The trouter's equivalent would be watching your float get buried on a drift :clapping:

Edited by crappieperchhunter