New/Old Fishfinder

Hello again OFC, well last week I put up some pictures of my broken portable fish finder and I was very very happy when I received a PM from GBW. Long story short he gave me his old Humminbird Piranah 4 fish finder to have for no cost. The original mount was broken and he decided to let me have it or the transducer.

Yesterday Gonefishin his gf and I went out to a little shore spot out on Lake Scugog in search of Crappie but caught only sunfish. On the way home after lot's of being "lost" haha we found our new buddy Geoff and had a nice meet and greet we did. I just wanted to give a big thank you to Geoff for being so kind, as other posts before said, OFC is truly a amazing resource and every now and then things like this happen to many of us and it just feels great.

I made a makeshift mount and transducer mount for my new depth finder(with temp incl.) Here are a few pictures, 100% home made and free. I used a hollow pipe, drilled bolt holes, attached these brackets I hammered out to make the angles right. As you can see the top will sit on my boat and I will bolt it through, might need to add a little bit of wood spacer but it's minor. The fish finder is sitting on another piece of bent steel I bolted into place and it tighten/adjusted up and down with the turn of the knob on the back. The base is a piece of scrap with two small rectangular blocks under it. Was fun to do and now I'm back in business.

Really looking forward to my annual trip this summer! Can't wait. Thanks again Geoff, looking forward to some fishing this fall with yourself :)

Tightlines,

MTBF

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher