Another Opener Report!

daryl0815

I finally made it out to 2 of my secret little creeks on Easter Sunday for a few hours, I debated trying a larger creek where I know a few spots, until I drove by it and saw the amount of cars lined up from fishermen. I don't mind a little competition, but I am not a fan of fishing shoulder to shoulder for a pool of spooked fish!

The bite was fairly steady, where I went, and I didn't see another fisherman all day, I had fish on in almost every hole that I fished and went 4 for 5 over all, most being in the in the 2-3 lb range, here are a couple of the fish that I caught at the first spot.

Rainbow02.jpg

Rainbow03.jpg

I moved on to the next creek and I lost a decent sized bow right at the bank, the hook popped out of its mouth and she took off downstream.

I got this one right before I was planning on leaving on my 10th "last drift", it didn't put up much of a fight compared to the smaller fish. I think it has been in the creek for a while now, it was way darker than any of the other fish I caught, and it looks like it was spawned out. All fish were released to spawn another day, hopefully I will catch them again next year!

Rainbow01.jpg