Nipissing May 2+4

Davidson

Hey guys...I've been fishing nipissing since i was 4 years old..but its been about 4 years since i seriously fished nipissing and i'm pretty confident my old spots might not be so effective...I'm hoping to get tips on where to locate them this year..Thanx alot guys :)

Hey guys...I've been fishing nipissing since i was 4 years old..but its been about 4 years since i seriously fished nipissing and i'm pretty confident my old spots might not be so effective...I'm hoping to get tips on where to locate them this year..Thanx alot guys :)

If it worked for you 4 years ago and before, it will work for you again. I have been going to Nippissing for 10 years straight over the same weekend and every year the same spots work. Sometimes better than others and that is mostly weather related. What part of Nip?

Yeah chances are they'll still be spawning or just coming out which sucks for the fish, all the cheesy guys will be anchored right at the mouths of spawning areas, hopefully they have lock jaw from being tired after the spawn to give them a fighting chance at least, at the same time Walleyes are known to not bite for a week or two after spawning I hope that's the case this year. Takes the fun out of fishing if you know 100% that 100% of the population are in the same 50 yard area. I personally think they should open the season a couple of weeks later to give walleyes a chance at least, seems like the only fish that gets protection are bass and they are the most plentiful probably because they get the most protection they are usually always done spawning a month before the season opens in most spots.

Edited by GbayGiant

There are a couple of sanctuaries here on Nipissing that protect the main spawning areas. I'd have to agree that bass are way over protected, especially up North.

Yep our primo spot is closed until June 1st. We can still catch them on the outside of that area but most oif them are pretty smart and hide behind the "line".

If it worked for you 4 years ago and before, it will work for you again. I have been going to Nippissing for 10 years straight over the same weekend and every year the same spots work. Sometimes better than others and that is mostly weather related. What part of Nip?

well i live on the west end but i always fish for walleye near the iron island areas and i heard maybe the goverment is still kinda of good but it looks like you guys arent the type to share any info..hahaha...To be honest because of my area, i became a pretty good bass angler and pike and muskie..so i hope you take pity on me and try to be more specific hahahaha or not :)

I don't know a whole lot about the West end, but the Islands of Callander bay and pretty much all if the Eastern shore of the lake will hold fish that time of year. Just look for shallower areas, say 10-25' with some rocks or gravel. Nipissing rigs works well, so do lindy rigs tipped with leeches or worms.

They say the river spawning walleye is just ended. The walleye that spawn on the shoals and along the shoreline should be done about a week later, ice is off and water levels are climbing fast slightly above normal.

Hope this helps anyone, Jeff :Gonefishing: