Spring is Here

Live2fish85

I'm sitting on my computer right now and all I can hear is the birds singing. I love the sounds of the birds in the spring now all I need is to be up north and away from this scummy city.

That's a nice sound on a sunday morning!thumbsup_anim.gif

C'mon up here, lots of room and lots of songbirds

the glass is half full too ya know...i always thought of Hamilton/Stoney Creek as a dirty city until i had a friend show me around to some of the finer points of the area...the Bowl,water front, escarpment etc...i definatly dont think of it as "dirty City" anymore...more along the lines of a busy city with awesome ice-cream...but then again...a city is a city ...isnt it?

I would love to I keep telling my wife to try and get a jump in her feild up there and I would leave in a second with her. I used to camp up near North Bay and I love it. Truely nothing like the north. Hamilton is so dirty and so much scum it's horrible. I have been jumped 4 times walking down the street in this city and I live in a nice part lol. But if I am going to be heading up that way this summer I will message you and we can get out fishing.

Chris

Yea I know it has it's areas but I live in Stoney Creek right at the bottom of the Escarpment and it's still dangerous down here. After about 10pm the true scum come out in this area and I'm not saying it doesn't have nice areas but the scum go into the nice areas now because theres money there until you truely see the stuff that you can see from living here you don't understand. All the time I see people breaking into cars next door at the apartment hear about it. I won't let my wife walk to the store after dark around here just because I know I have been jumped going to the store. Come stay at my place for a week and I'll show you the true Hamilton lol. And again you can avoid the worst parts but even the nice parts have there days. I don't mean to sound so negative either but I'm sure that anyone that lives in the Hamilton area can agree how bad this city is getting.

Edited by Live2fish85

Yea I know it has it's areas but I live in Stoney Creek right at the bottom of the Escarpment and it's still dangerous down here. After about 10pm the true scum come out in this area and I'm not saying it doesn't have nice areas but the scum go into the nice areas now because theres money there until you truely see the stuff that you can see from living here you don't understand. All the time I see people breaking into cars next door at the apartment hear about it. I won't let my wife walk to the store after dark around here just because I know I have been jumped going to the store. Come stay at my place for a week and I'll show you the true Hamilton lol. And again you can avoid the worst parts but even the nice parts have there days. I don't mean to sound so negative either but I'm sure that anyone that lives in the Hamilton area can agree how bad this city is getting.

ill keep that in mind when im working down there this summer...GREAT ice cream though!!!lol...

What part are you in? I grew up in the Creek and am not much older then you. The east end of Hamilton is bad, but the Creek is a joke.

I live not to far from the Stoney Creek dairy and it's a nice part of the city and it is getting worst I'm not saying it's like barton or down near Jackson Square but it is getting worst all the scum come here from down by eastgate mall and that. And yes if you are saying that they have great Ice Cream I am going to assume that you mean Stoney Creek dairy and that they do, they have the best Ice Cream out there.

Odd, I went to St. Martin's and grew up in that entire area. The Colligiate/SMT both plateaus. Car shopping has been around forever, nothing is new there, and the "scum" from the East end, stick to their Delawana neighborhood. Green Acres is my back yard. So not sure....

Things have changed when I moved back to the City from up north I moved hear because it was always a safe nice area but they don't just stick to there area down by delawana anymore there was a guy murdered last year at this time just across from The Dairy and I have been jumped 2 out of the 4 times right out front of battlefield they are dumber and more ballsy now I mean the cop shop is 2 mins from there they don't care and they go now where the think people will have more money. Come back and take a look and yea car do always get broken into but alot more in this area then there ever was. I know that Stoney Creek was a joke back in the day when I was a kid I lived on Balsm right up near Ivor Wynne Stadium so I know people thought it was a joke thats why I moved here and again I'm not saying it's like down town but it's worst then it has ever been.

Edited by Live2fish85

OH REALLY????

sorry but I just had to yell that.

I went up this morning, uncovered my little boat, drained the winter water out of it, then went and got my box trailer so I could haul the garbage to the dump out of the neighbours garage, came in to have a coffee and get a wrench to remove the ball off the back of the quad so I can use the trailer, then I look outside only to see SNOW coming down.

The lake is frozen solid, doesn't look anywhere close to breaking up, the weather guy is calling for +11 today, currently it's+3

Who's kidding who, spring isn't here in the northwest. and oh yes, the only birds calling are the ravens. no songbirds up here yet.