Trout Opener - An ICY One for SURE!!! - Report

Leecher

not here lol...was out on the ice again this morning for specks n lakers...but it was my last time on the ice it was a little scary...the ice was turning black this afternoon, by saturday il be fishing out of a boat :thumbsup_anim: i hope to see another report from you this weekend

Carl I don't blame you to call it quits.... not worth risking your life. The ice over here was going fast last Friday. According to whitespinnerbait, when he left late in the afternoon, the white ice had turn to slush. With the last few days with temps around 15C think that's the end of it B) I'm going there next Saturday for sure :) This time I'll be able to chuck hardware in the mix :D

Edited to ask: Did you get any on your last trip?

nice speck!

Thanks l2p!!!

Edited by Leechman

Thanks for posting Leech. That speck looks tasty. Nothin better than Brook Trout fried in butter MMMMM

Thanks Fish Farmer!!! Funny you mention "trout fried in butter" cause I gave that one to my mom on Sunday and that's exactly how she cooked it. She phone back yesterday to say that it tasted real good :)

Carl I don't blame you to call it quits.... not worth risking your life. The ice over here was going fast last Friday. According to whitespinnerbait, when he left late in the afternoon, the white ice had turn to slush. With the last few days with temps around 15C think that's the end of it B) I'm going there next Saturday for sure :) This time I'll be able to chuck hardware in the mix :D

Edited to ask: Did you get any on your last trip?

Thanks l2p!!!

yep 2 more lakers...20 inch and 23 inch, not huge but fun to catch jigging.. saturday its the good old wiliams wabler and 4 feet fluro and a worm trolled very slowly... :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

yep 2 more lakers...20 inch and 23 inch, not huge but fun to catch jigging.. saturday its the good old wiliams wabler and 4 feet fluro and a worm trolled very slowly... :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Right on Carl B) Don't forget the Black Fury with yellow dots dressed ;):)

dedication, good stuff

Thanks walleyejigger!!!

is the black fury with fur on the end or regular furless hook? got a bunch but never used them :clapping:

#2 with fur, yellow dots on blade... cast it off to shore structure like fallen trees, stumps, drop off, points... give it a try, they are killer for specks :D