Zone 17

ohhenrygsr

Roy -- thanks for pointing out my misuse of the word "unless"...or was it "not"? Depends on what your definition of "is" is...suckers! cool.gif

Garry, you used to be 100% right....now, thanks to a new exception, you are only mostly right biggrin.gif I just cut and pasted this from pg.9 (coloured font added by me). Basically, unless you have a livewell, you have to stay one fish shy of your limit if you plan to cull. However, if you do have a livewell....you can limit out, then keep fishing, and should you catch a fish that you want to trade out for one you already have....you're good to go.

Anglers fishing from a boat may now catch, hold, and selectively live release more walleye, northern pike, largemouth or smallmouth bass than the daily limit, provided:

(a) the fish are held in a livewell with a mechanical aerator operating at all times, (see Anglers Guide, page 8, for livewell requirements)

(b ) the fish comply with any applicable size limits,

( c ) the Sport or Conservation Fishing Licence daily catch and retain limits for walleye or northern pike are not exceeded at any one time,

(d) no more than six largemouth or smallmouth bass (or any combination) caught under a Sport Fishing Licence are retained at any one time, and

(e) the Conservation Fishing Licence catch and retain limits for largemouth and smallmouth bass (or any combination) are not exceeded at any one time.

Anglers are reminded to closely monitor the condition of fish held in a livewell. Only fish that are in such a condition that they will survive may be released (see Tips on Live Release of Fish, page 10). Releasing a fish that will not survive and allowing the flesh of that fish to be wasted is an offence. Any fish not live-released are part of your daily catch and retain limit.

Edited by johnnyb