wondering if there are any perch at the pier in Dover

PitViper

I want to take my girlfriends Grand-dad fishing and he isnt very mobile these days and I figure some time in the sun catching some perch for dinner might lift his spirits, and if that fails an Arbour dog is just around the corner :)

I want to take my girlfriends Grand-dad fishing and he isnt very mobile these days and I figure some time in the sun catching some perch for dinner might lift his spirits, and if that fails an Arbour dog is just around the corner :)

I was down there last Friday and not even a sniff. Should be any time but next weekend the derby starts and it will be shoulder to shoulder down there for a few weeks.

I'm going down to the pier tonight to take a look around and then will likely take my boys out tomorrow to see if we can get some perch. But my gut says the water is still too cold :(

I didn't realize the derby was last weekend. he didn't want to go anyway, it was a little to cold for him maybe in a couple weeks.

I wouldn't mind slipping out to dunnville for a morning fish for cat's could someone PM me directions. I will be coming from simcoe. on google earth dover rd through selkirk looks faster and more direct to get to dunnville but once I get there where do I go?

When you go down Rainham Rd. through Selkirk take it all the way past Bing and you will come to the bridge in Dunnville you can fish on either side of the bridge there is a restaurant before you go over that you can fish from and just park there or you can cross the bridge and go into town and park on the river on that side. Most likely there will be plenty of people fishing down there and I'm sure if you ask someone there fishing they will also guide you in the right direction it's hard to explain through message exact spots but anywhere is down there you got a chance. Good Luck hope that helps. Also if you don't catch anything there when your going down Rainham Rd. before you get to Selkirk you will see Cheapside Rd. take a right down there towards the lake and theres a creek down there its very good for catfish as well I fish there alot for cat's.

Chris.