CFT Super Series

Ben_Daniels

I fish the 115's and have done so for a few years now...I wish I could have fished as an am but i started too early I guess..before the pro ams were around!

You can still fish them. All that is required is you didnt fish as a pro the last two years in the SS. Thats what I have read and been told.

True, not all of the pros fish as well as the top famous pros.

I don't fish bass tournaments, but my guess would be that some of the un-known pros are better than some of the famous guys as well ? I mean the famous guys started at the bottom like everyone else.

And what I find funny about most of the tournaments I've seen or watched on TV etc... all the boats are in the same spot ? I mean if it someones first tourney you could just follow the crowd ? I'm sure some guys do that, there's a lot of luck involved to win a tournament, it's a toss up to who wins if you ask me. It's just my opinion but I think tournaments are more about who has the nicest boat and the most stickers. :D

Please don't shoot the messenger. lol. :lol:

Well on Erie this maybe true,as there were boat clusters on well known spots (from what I seen),but on Simcoe you may see at the most ,2 maybe three, on a spot,but that would not be for long. I have been out there, just fishing when a tourney is on, and not seen more then a handful of bassboats the whole morning. There are many spots to fish.

As for luck,well,,,,,,,,,,Im not sure about that,there is some luck but,these guys do thier home work and spend a week if not more to find the green fish.Some have that luxury,some dont,so if the weekend guy finds them on the opening day,well I guess thats luck,but alot of these guys know the lake and have thier spots and go to spots. I guess after many years of fishing,these guys know where they are going,but we all know with the changing of clarity of the water and invasion of spieces,the fish habitat changes every season or so.Fox island is a prime exaple to start. Use to be nice rock bottom,but is being taken over with weed. So,now the fish move and you are on the move as well to find them.

This season I will quickly prefish my spots I found this year on the lakes I fished last year,but will move on and look for other new spots,this giving me other spots to fish if they are not there when I found them the week before. :Gonefishing::Gonefishing::Gonefishing:

Just to add,if I dont win a tourny,thats just fine with me. I always leave with the satisfaction, I competed and learned and had a great time doing so. Sure I may be disappointed at times,but Im learning and thats the main thing.

Bring on the next day,I say. :clapping:

Edited by misfish

That's true I guess it would depend on the size of the water your fishing, but on smaller lakes when 80% of the boats are a handshake away from each other it's pretty funny.

Sorta like the ice-fishing tournaments I've entered, everyone's in the same vicinity, all you need is basic fishing knowledge and from there it's all luck to who wins those things.

I can see how they would still be fun, if they had some here on Georgian Bay I would probably enter. lol. Lot's of space to find your own spots.

I think the hardest part of fishing is finding the fish, the rest is basically pretty simple after you learn the techniques to catch them, and catching the biggest fish of the day is all luck IMO.

Edited by GbayGiant

I can see how they would still be fun, if they had some here on Georgian Bay I would probably enter. lol. Lot's of space to find your own spots

They use to hold pro/am,s there . Then when the limit for bass was lessen,the tourneys stopped. I believe it was the GM series that ran it back then.

and catching the biggest fish of the day is all luck IMO.

Yep, get it on and hope it dosent get off. :Gonefishing::Gonefishing: