NF - Vehicle opinion needed

SlowPoke

Does anybody have any feedback for me on the 2007 Mazda 5 GS?

I have a line on one with 100k, well below wholesale cost and described as a 'clean trade-in' from a friend of the family. I would be buying this sight unseen since it's in Ottawa and I'm trying to find one locally just to have a look at/test drive to get a feel for it. No luck finding one locally and I might have to decide by tomorrow!

I'm larger than the average bear, will I be somewhat comfortable in this thing?

Fuel economy?

Repair costs?

Anything else you have to add?

I had a 94 mazda precedia mx3

As for interior room, there is lots of room and head room,

I'm 6' 240LB and i could fit in it comfortably.

Mind you it was so low to the ground that getting out of it was fun sometimes.LOL

Fuel economy was great.

Repair costs are more then domestic repairs, but if you take care of it , it will last.

As for the 07 G5 i don't know.

Best bet is to see if anyone has one , that you can at least sit in.

Even at a shopping mall, people are usually nice if you tell them why you want to look at it.

As per Consumer Reports which only go back as far as 2006 the reliability shows the 2006 below average with problem areas being suspension, brakes, paint, squeaks and rattles, body hardware. As the years went on the vehicle shows much improvement in all areas with 2010 model year being the best. CR's fuel economy shows 23mpg over all with 16/31 and they did a 150 mile trip and averaged 28mpg.

I tried to copy and paste their chart info but the little red and black dots don't show up, so it was useless for you.

I would highly recommend a ONLINE subscription to Consumer Reports before buying any used vehicle...a few bucks could save you lots of money and head aces later.

Bob