my neighbour just surprised me

grt1

Each year my neighbour holds an ice fishing derby for his friends on the lake beside our houses.

Each year (at least it seems like it) on the day of the derby , I have to go to work.

Today was no exception. BUT the thing I can partake in after work is the pot luck dinner for the participants.

The food is always great, lots of moose , deer and wild rice along with a couple beers, what could be better.

So today when I walked in to his garage where the meal was to be held his parents said, "have the kids told you their news?"

NO, we haven't seen them all week so we were in the dark.

The kids, our neighbours just bought the tourist camp across the lake from us and are moving to the camp. Of course we are happy for them to embark on a new experience and we are really sad to see them leave our little subdivision.

The next question is, "what are you doing about your house?" fortunately his mom and dad want to live on the lake and are planning on buying the house, so we won't be seeing any surprises with the new neighbours.

The lake I live on is among the best walleye lakes in northwestern ontario and I know that Ian and Drew will do well at this new venture.

Have a quick look at his website at http://www.fivelakeslodge.com and if you plan to come to the Red Lake area, they will put you on fish and make your trip a great experience.