The "perfect pool"

Rustic-Fisher

Hit one of my favorite tribs today and got a shot of the "perfect pool", pool is 8-9' deep runs 30 yards and even has a small feeder creek meeting it. If you look hard enough you can even spot my float drifting the seem lol. Always a few hungry steelies in it.

Any other" perfect pool shots" ? And for obvious reasons the trib remains anonymous !!

Here are two of my favourite steelhead pools. I've never seen many other anglers on either one, because I don't think very many people are willing to walk as far as I do or burn as much gas as I do searching for fishing spots. Usually, I have these two gems pretty much to myself.

This first one is absolutely murder to get to, but worth the approx. two kilometre walk. It's perfect because .... well, look at it! What's not to like? There's a spring creek that flows into this gem (on the right), and that influx of colder water means it usually has dropbacks much later than other pools around it. Depth down the middle is about 12 feet, and the bottom is rocks of various sizes. It continues to the left by maybe the same distance again before it shallows out.

CDR_0414-1.jpg

This one is also a rough hike to reach - not far, but the trail back up to the car is murder. And, it's a long drive from home ... definitely a weekend trip. It's always dependable for steelhead, and it has big resident brookies too. If you stand on that little point of land on the left, where the rapids enter from upstream, you can drift the whole thing with your float reel. It's major fun when you drift from there and hook a big steelie in the tailout! The pool empties into a couple hundred metres of insane white water rapids. The pool immediately upstream of here is pretty good too.

CDR_0267.jpg

Edited by Craig_Ritchie