Electronics Install

Matty

Hey all,

I am picking up my new rig in about a months time and I purchased my electronics separately. The Marina where I purchased the boat has offered to install them at no charge, but from the research I have done on the newer units with side imaging, etc. you want to ensure they are installed the proper way. I live in North Whitby and was wondering if anyone can recommend someone in Durham Region that does this kind of work. There will be 2 HDS units on RAM mounts and the LSS1. I would rather pay a little bit of money to make sure it is set up the right way.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

IMHO, the only thing they could screw up badly would be the transducers and until you know the boat. knowing the best spot to put them is a crap shoot to some degree.

I would have them install nylon boards on the transom to mount the transducers , then there are only a few holes in your boat and you can add subtract or move the transducers and what not without any problems... and you get them installed for free....

the networking wire, as long as they can be accessed they are easy to move, if are hooked up wrong...and who knows maybe they have installed lots of them and know your boat so will do it right the first time

but that's just me

It's not a hard thing to do....but ask if the Marina has done Lowrance HDS units with LSS1 plus it's side imaging transducer....this is nothing real new and they have probably done several by now...

But for me I would much rather do it by myself as I know I going to take the TIME and CARE to do it EXACTLY the way I want it to be....when the clock is ticking on a hourly employees, they can't spend the time and really don't care like you would.

Bob