Zone20/Kingston fishing

umKthxbye

I was looking over the regulation for zone 20 for walleye and it says Open season from Jan 1 to March 1 & 1st Sat in may to dec 31.

In the exceptions it says the St-Lawrence River has no size limits around the sections listed but does that mean i can only fish it during the dates listed or when ever i want? I live in Kingston and since the ice is virtually all gone id like some good fish to fish for as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Edited by umKthxbye

Ok, so trout, cat fish are open so i guess i can try and fish for that. Ive never cought a trout. Anyone from Kingston know any spots that the ice is gone and i can shore fish for trout? Is Kingston Mills area, ice free yet? I don't have a car and need to rely on busing, so i don't want to go there and find out its still ice. Any trout tips are welcomed too.

It's gonna be tough to shore fish sans vehicle. I just drove by Collins Bay and it has ice from the boat launch out to the mouth, inside of that it's open water.

Other places would be out on highway 133 at the 'floating bridge' or at the almost extinct creek at the old Celanese/Kosa plant (it's closed) at the corner of Jim Snow Blvd and #133. Casting off the Millhaven ferry dock or at the L&A Generating station further out #133.

You can't fish off the causeway (all kinds of signs) and I don't know if you can access the dock behind the PUC on King St.

Lotsa Luck

David aka Superdad

Kingston

Thanks.

I have no idea what causeway is :dunno:.

I'm heading down to Ottawa Friday night and hope to fish the rideau river saturday morning.

A buddy of mine says there isn't any ice on it anymore. Hopefully he is right, since all he said was the usual place had no ice since the current is too fast.

The causeway connects the city to the east side of the Cataraqui River (RMC /Fort Henry side)

I thought you lived in Kingston??

You can always take a rod and reel and fish down in the Confederation Basin docks, pike, perch are there.

David aka Superdad