Lake Ontario trib?

splashhopper

I live in London and have never fished any of the Lake O tribs for steelies.

My step son lives in the Mississauga area about a 2 minute walk from one of the main tribs.

If anyone is open to a few questions in a PM format, please send me one.

Thanks in advance

Splashhopper

It's brutal.

I was going to head down and chuck some spoons and spinners tonight after work. The crowd had thinned out being a weeknight. Only 12 cars parked at Wilmot at 5:50pm on a Monday night. :wallbash:

I think this is just a little overstated... When you figure you have a mile or so of water its not that many people. The key is not standing in a crowd of 5 people chasing the same 5 fish... there's plenty of water if you are prepared to walk a bit

I think this is just a little overstated... When you figure you have a mile or so of water its not that many people. The key is not standing in a crowd of 5 people chasing the same 5 fish... there's plenty of water if you are prepared to walk a bit

Funny how the best spots are always closest to the road, eh?

I grew up fishing nothing but the east tribs and the key is to fish off hours and off days. If you can get out mid week the better and if you can get really early or late night that helps. I have found if you can't do that try starting at noon, yes its not prime steelhead time but if you have pool after pool to yourself you will find fish.

Yep ... I have thousands of hours and a hundreds of fish to prove that a good time can be had (even in well known waters) if you are interested in going out and looking for it.

(Normally when I see more than two folks fishing an area I do little more than say hello and move on (no matter how many fish I see in front of them)... so I dont normally have trouble with the crowds ... and if someone crowds me out of a spot I am fishing ... I am happy to move on (normally back were they came from - because all those spooked fish will settle down sooner than most people realize) and come back when they are done 'muddying up my crick' :)

For me its about peace and quiet ... and that is just a simple choice you make .. not something that is done to you.