Honda ATV New Purchase - Best Deals and Dealers?

DogBoat

Hi Everyone - looking for some advise.....

I'm looking to buy a new Honda 680 in the next 2 months.

I have easy/regular access to dealers from Kingston to Haliburton to Niagara.

I am looking for recommendations on deals (I've seen the ones posted on the honda web site), but also important is the best dealer for service, etc. What are your thoughts?

../ Brian (a.k.a. DogBoat)

Well before you do the 1.5 semi backflip into the cake, if you haven't yet done so, make yourself a chart with the different models and their spec's or "limitations" for each mfgr and model that interests you. I also looked at the Honda ATV's, one of the deciding factors was the ground clearance, only 9.2 inches and that's measured with no hambone sitting on the ATV. So you may have to deduct a bit more when you "mount" your buggy. I'm not saying anything bad about Honda products, they are well put together and reliable, just some little things need tweeking. Some of the smaller models are still running carbs, that's ancient.

I totaly agree.

I've owned a Kaw Bayou 400 for 15 years. It has limited (6+ inch) ground clearance. Part of me envies the ground clearace of the Polaris/Suzuki/Yahaha...... I just do not feel right with their centre of gravity. I've enjoyed every "trail ride" with a variety of Hondas.

I know that their specs for ground clearance, towing, rack cload capacities seem very outdated - I'm P'd off with that and wish they'd grow up.

Looking for what I am comfortable for now. Plus the 680 is the same weight as their 500.

../ B