I sure missed Hockey!

Live2fish85

I got out today to play hockey this morning for the first time in 7 years and it was awesome. I guess I missed it more then I thought, but the pain from being out of shape is worst then I remember lol. It was nice my daughter who is 15 months got to come watch me play and she loved it, Shes a big leafs fan lol. Takes after me. I ended up going out getting new skates and gloves and a helmet and my god there's a ton of stuff now I mean when I played it was just your average skate and that. Now eveything is light as heck and not cheap ended up getting a pair of new Bauer Vapor skates for 50 bucks they were last years model but good enough for me. But the gloves I got a actually really nice compared to what they had when I was younger, but they also cost more then the skates. Ended up spending just over 200 bucks for stick, skates, gloves and a helmet so not to bad seeing as there were a pair of skates that cost $849.99 lol that's just mental in my eyes that anyone could spend that. Sorry its not about fishing just bored as the daughters a bit tired out and falling asleep.

Chris

I've been playing with the same guys on Sunday mornings for 23 years. Played as a kid and quit when high school started. Took it up again at 25 and overdosed in the mid 90's playing six times a week in three leagues. Now it's once every two weeks because of continental shifts. I look forward to those Sunday mornings like they were musky openers. I'm not quitting until my knees give out or Lookingforwalleye gives me a concussion in an old-timers game.

Edited by jediangler

Yea I hear ya I quit causes of heart problems when I was 18 and I could have played but only minimal shinny so I quit and then had a heart operation the day before my 23 birthday. But I'm back to full health I actually lost 60 to 70 lbs since I got off the meds and feel great and I'm glad to be back out on the ice I'm joining a league next winter and for the summer every sunday night good game of shinny and on afternoons fridays off so we play shinny from 8am until 2pm other then that I'm fishing after work or hanging out with my daughter and wife mostly fishing with the daughter quality time with her and an excuse to fish lol.