New lines.

umKthxbye

Ok so lots of new lines came out at icast 2010. The 2 that cought my eye the most are the SpiderWire Ultracast Fluoro Braid and Suffix 832 Advanced Super lines.

The only review for the fluro braid on BPS says its garbage but id like to hear more reviews of it if anyone has used it yet.

I'm a really big on braided line and have been using berkley tracer braid but the Suffix 832 in lime green looks very tempting and the BPS reviews are good. From a test conducted in 2010 between a few braids (http://tinyurl.com/ye88fbk <--link to the article. Its by tackle tour and there testing of tackle is well done) suffix came out on top. I know there is a lie for every application but id like to hear reviews from people on these 2 new lines. I'm leaning more towards the suffix 832 for my next line to spool on my new baitcaster but i always like to see what other have to say and then weight in the options.

Another thing i would like to get info on that I've never used before is Fluorocarbon lines since ill be using it for leaders and may end up using it instead of braid, who knows.

Please give pros/cons, what applications and constructive info. Saying "buy such and such line cuz it rules" isn't useful info :P

Thanks.

I just got back from my local Wal-Mart and picked up some 10lb Sufix braid ( I have never seen them stock Sufix braid before) and some Spider Wire Braid..they were on for $12 a box..normally around $20 or so. I got one of each to try the sufix..I have tried the spider wire and like it but have heard good reviews on the sufix..I should have bought it all! haha

Definitely need the fluoro leader tied on to the braid and you are good to go on most applications..

Enjoy...

Let me know how the suffix works for you in comparison to the spiderwire braid since I've also used regular SW before. My spinner has the invisibraid on it although inprefer the berkley braid allot more then the SW stuff. I found the invisibraid flat and not rounded. But yeah le me know how suffix is to SW.