Carp gear purchase...

tonyb

Thanks Victor, I saw the Fox Stalker Pod at Fishing World and it looked pretty decent. I need to review those compared to the Horizon and see what the differences are..

Yes the Shimano rods are 50% off at Fishing World - EXCEPT the Tribal $400 (Of course lol) There are a lot of 2.5lb and 3lb Test Curve rods there still, just not the 2 3/4lb that I am specifically looking for. :lol:

I will try to support the businesses that represent CAG if I do have to order anything from the U.S.

Too bad they don't carry Delkim alarms around here, I like the looks of them and will probably order from Scorpion Tackle. Otherwise the FOX EOS also looks decent.

Tony

Edited by tonyb

Are you sure that Tribals aren't part of the sale? When i saw them at the Spring Fishing Show they were on the $199. Even then, the Techniums are sexy enough to make me drool (i only have a nexave).

I think both MJL and Photoz here on OFC has the stalker so maybe they can give you more insight on it. (i'm not too sure about photoz though)

Good luck on your search!

I think Photoz has the Horizon and MJL has the stalker. The main difference (other than Horizon has a few more adjustable parts) is that Horizon can be used in upright position (I think you need to buy some extension). But you don't really need to do that around GTA.

Again, in certain conditions long/stiff rods and big capacity reels are necessary. Other euro gears just make it easier and you can fish in style. I really like my neighbor's Prosche, do I really need it to get to places? NO, but that would've been cool.

??????????????? what the heck do you need all this freaky carp gear for i catch them on my normal everyday fishing gear

Why the hell does any of us need to buy more reels, more rods, more lures, and more of everything when all we need is just a bamboo pole and a hook tipped with some worm? Sure you can catch carp without gong Euro, but then you won't hear the sweet sound of the bite alarm going off. You may not care for that sound, nor see any point in it, but I, along with Tony and others on this board, do dig this stuff: different strokes for different people.

Thanks wolfville, I thought having the option to go upright would be good for big water but I happened to bump into my buddies old man yesterday who is a Carp pro :lol: He said that I would rarely require the upright set-up around here and in the popular Carp spots in Ontario. Sounds like the Stalker will suffice.

Golfisher - Amen brotha!

Tony