Are you fishing the Derby March 5th?

Waterfowlr

Just looking to see who is planning on fishing the PERCHIN FOR MS derby on March 5th? Should be a good one and I am looking forward to it myself.

Hope all of you will come give it a try and make it an amazing event for an amazing cause and guy!

I challenge all of you. Let's show Doug what we can do as a group and make this a huge event.

I noticed this event when posted, well because i have Multiple Sclerosis.

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50716

Eight years after being diagnosed it is fair to say it has surely disabled me now.

It is a nasty sneaky disease. Not many suffer it on this forum but most people know of someone who has been devastated by it.

With the proceeds going to the MS society and prizes, i wish you the best.

Unfortunately due to MS my condition prevents me from attending.

Good Luck :Gonefishing:

Friends:

This illness is a cruel one. It affects SO MANY CANADIANS...3 people everyday are diagnosed in Canada alone.

Doug is a friend of mine. He is also a fellow fisheman, hunter, husband and father of two little girls and one of our protectors of ontario's natural resources..Ie: Conservation Officer.

Unfortunately though, Doug has been diagnosed with the Primary Progressive MS, which means his illness will progress and get worse and worse as time goes on. It can be very quick or take time...but there is no treatment and no cure at this time. For him

his legs and balance are affected most and he has trouble doing the simplest of things sometimes, ie: walking down/up stairs, walking on the ice, in the bush, running, playing with his kids.

He is still working though, he is still living his life and he has the best attitude I have ever seen!

Anyway, this derby is to help him fight back, to help him raise awareness and to help him try and find a cure!

I hope all of you that can...will join me at this derby. ALL the proceeds go to the MS Society...and hey it will be an amazing day of fishing! What more could we ask for.

I also hope that any of you that can...might consider donating some prizes!

Details are below for the derby:

When: MARCH 5, 2011

Where: Lake Simcoe, Sibbald Point Provincial Park

Costs: $40 per team/Family/Single.

($20 to the MS Society in your name, $20 goes to Prize money)

Time: 8a.m. till 2p.m. and weigh in to follow.

· Come as a team of 2, family (adult with up to 2 children under 12) or by yourself.

· Amazing prize table and Cash prizes!!

Register at: D W & Sons Bait & Tackle - Lake Dr. East -Jackson's Point,

South Paw Trading Post - Hwy 48- Sutton

DC Marine - Baseline Road -Between Keswick & Sutton

By email: Doug- [email protected] PH: 905-476-1874

Register prior to the event and get a chance at the early bird prize!