A little help...

kemper

Hi OFC,

I haven't been around much - school and a couple full time co-op terms have kept me busy for the past year. On that note its time again to search for a summer co-op position in my field (economics, finance or business development) that is located reasonably close to Guelph or Oshawa. If there are any opportunities out there that anyone knows of suitable for a 3rd year Economics & Finance student with some very solid experience I would greatly appreciate it if you could PM me the details. I'm not looking for any type of 'OFC deal' here - I'm just trying to make myself aware of as many opportunities as possible.

I'd be happy to discuss my experience and any specifics off the forum.

Thanks for any help - and mods if this is too far off topic feel free to give it the boot

Braden (kemper)

Good luck with the job search kemper, cant really help ya with finding one though.

The job market does seem better now than when I was doing co-op (the last 2-3 years). You should totally look into tackle companies lol, that'd be awesome if you can work for one. :clapping:

have you considered the BDC?

They hire a TON of students just like you.

here is an example @ BDC..

Job Description

Job Title:

Student Internship Program (4 months)

Job ID:

Full/Part Time:

Full-Time

Regular/Temporary:

Temporary

Return to Previous Page

Posting End Date

February 7, 2011.

Gain business experience

Every year, BDC provides students with an opportunity to gain business experience through our internship program while they are attending college or university. Working in one of Ontario's 28 business centres, you will support the business centre team in providing timely, value add financial and consulting services to BDC clients. You will also actively participate in the business centre and area marketing initiatives. If you have a passion for entrepreneurial spirit with a strong client focus orientation, we want to hear from you. Students must have completed at least two years of college or university and/or be enrolled in a business certificate or bachelor of commerce or business administration program.

An award-winning employer

BDC ranks among Canada’s top employers since 2007 and has received several other awards, such as Top Employer for Canadians over 40 for 2010 and Best Employer for New Canadians, highlighting our ongoing efforts to stand out as one of best places to work in the country.

Create your future now

Create your profile today and apply online so that you can be part of the candidate pool. You can update your profile at any time and use it whenever you want to apply for any future job openings.

At BDC, we value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.

I also see listings for Kitchener etc... there are a ton of opportunities.

Edited by Gerritt

Good luck with the job search kemper, cant really help ya with finding one though.

The job market does seem better now than when I was doing co-op (the last 2-3 years). You should totally look into tackle companies lol, that'd be awesome if you can work for one. :clapping:

That is what I thought... but the co-op department has posted eleven (11) jobs since the beginning of January - There are something like 350 co-op students.

have you considered the BDC?

They hire a TON of students just like you.

here is an example @ BDC..

Job Description

Job Title:

Student Internship Program (4 months)

Job ID:

Full/Part Time:

Full-Time

Regular/Temporary:

Temporary

Return to Previous Page

Posting End Date

February 7, 2011.

Gain business experience

Every year, BDC provides students with an opportunity to gain business experience through our internship program while they are attending college or university. Working in one of Ontario's 28 business centres, you will support the business centre team in providing timely, value add financial and consulting services to BDC clients. You will also actively participate in the business centre and area marketing initiatives. If you have a passion for entrepreneurial spirit with a strong client focus orientation, we want to hear from you. Students must have completed at least two years of college or university and/or be enrolled in a business certificate or bachelor of commerce or business administration program.

An award-winning employer

BDC ranks among Canada’s top employers since 2007 and has received several other awards, such as Top Employer for Canadians over 40 for 2010 and Best Employer for New Canadians, highlighting our ongoing efforts to stand out as one of best places to work in the country.

Create your future now

Create your profile today and apply online so that you can be part of the candidate pool. You can update your profile at any time and use it whenever you want to apply for any future job openings.

At BDC, we value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.

I also see listings for Kitchener etc... there are a ton of opportunities.

Thanks! I didn't even think about BDC even though my last job had me in contact with them (on the entrepreneur side, looking for money)

Looks like I got the application in just in time.

If you have not done so already, put an application in through the Federal Student Work Exchange Program.

http://jobs-emplois.gc.ca/fswep-pfete/index-eng.htm

I did, although it looks like most of the federal jobs are in Ottawa this summer

Thanks

Kemper