Ice fishing problems

motion

Well, ever since I started ice fishing a few years ago, I have always tried to come up with up with little innovations to make the experience out on the ice an enjoyable one. I know I am not the only one, as I have seen many great little ideas that other OFNers have come up with that have helped me as well. It seems that for every problem, there is a solution. Ice fishing seems to be full of problems and bring out the innovators in all of us.

I have found unique ways to pack everything on my ATV (including my auger and minnow bucket) and unique hitch system to make the time required to pack up and move minimal. The latest “problem” was eating a cold (and sometimes frozen) sandwich for lunch. Well I realized that my Mr buddy heater made a great sandwich warmer. With a little thinking and a couple of coat hangers, I came up with this:

Vaughan-20110128-00049.jpgVaughan-20110128-00051.jpgVaughan-20110128-00052.jpg

It would be nice to see what others have done to solve some other challenges. Thanks for reading. Be safe out there.

Cheers!

Tony, no such luxury in my neighborhood :( only thing that we have at hand is what we can find in the bush..... dry and light it :lol:

So I cannot share much innovation with you but have to say that you have made a great sandwich warmer B):clapping::thumbsup_anim:

Jacques

Tony, no such luxury in my neighborhood :( only thing that we have at hand is what we can find in the bush..... dry and light it :lol:

So I cannot share much innovation with you but have to say that you have made a great sandwich warmer B):clapping::thumbsup_anim:

Jacques

Thanks Jacques. Tried it out today on the ice and it worked great! I also caught a nice whitefish as well. :thumbsup_anim: