My 2010 season in review! Part 1 Jan-May

Fisherpete

2010... my season in review. Fantastic fishing, many new friends and a new family member.

January - started the year out by perching on Cook's bay. Typical non-stop action, followed by tasty dinners. Didn't catch any real jumbos, but enough 9-11"ers to fill the pan.

February - laker and whitey action on Lady Simcoe's deeper waters. Many days spent on the ice with my buddies Lawrence, Marc, Pete and Wayne. These 4 are all hardcore fish whisperers! I'll never forget jumping that big pressure crack to get to the magic spot, and proceeding to lay the smackdown on the dwellers of the deep for the next few hours! Caught my best trout ever, and some nice sized whiteys too. Also discovered that herring are making a nice recovery in Simcoe - often saw schools of thousands of them under my hole. Went out for a day with my wife under the guidance of Steve Rowbotham and learned a few tricks.

DSCN1479.jpg

DSCN1495.jpg

DSCN1493.jpg

DSCN1524.jpg

DSCN1525.jpg

March - more laker and whitey action right until the 15th... then some painful down time waiting for the ice to melt :(

Early April - panfishing in the canals and marinas. Took my son Nick out and had an unbelievable day catching some of the biggest sunfish I have ever seen... between the two of us we caught over 400 that day. Biggest ones were around 10"! Closed out that day by finding a school of crappie, landed my PB at 12.75" and lost one that was much bigger...

DSCN1567.jpg

DSCN1562.jpg

DSCN1560.jpg

Mid to late April - decided to try catching my first channel catfish. Quickly became an addict. Took Marko out in my boat for the first attempt, no cats but he caught a carp and 2 redhorse suckers. I got a white stripe painted on my back. Decided to go out for a day with a guide (Steve Piggott) and learn the ropes, and never looked back from there. Johnny Bass came out for a day, my son Nick had a blast fishing with him. Nick also caught a sheephead, which I have not! Skeeter came out with me as well and got into some real nice kitties. Closed out April by taking my brother Will out and getting him into his first cats.

DSCN1591.jpg

DSCN1589.jpg

DSCN1584.jpg

DSCN1573.jpg

c8.jpg

c7.jpg

c2.jpg

c14.jpg

c12.jpg

DSCN1697.jpg

DSCN1687.jpg

DSCN1681.jpg

DSCN1668.jpg

DSCN1659.jpg

DSCN1658.jpg

DSCN1650.jpg

DSCN1720.jpg

DSCN1715.jpg

DSCN1706.jpg

DSCN1730-Copy.jpg

May - a few pike trips, including meeting up with Clive (Mepps) and Jon, from Fishingfury.com. Caught my first Toronto Islands pike. Had a great day fishing with new friends, and trying not to get attacked by Canadian geese. Went out for a day of walleye fishing with Johnny Bass near the end of the month and got into a few.

islandspike.jpg

DSCN1756.jpg