Trib fishing question...any trib fishing in the summer?

ccmtcanada

Ok..I know that trout are big in the tribs in the spring and fall. Throw in the salmon run in the fall, and there's lots of exciting fishing going on! Ok...so...is there much to be had during the summer months in the tribs? Are the trout still there or do they head for deeper colder water in Lake Ontario? Thanks everyone!

Edited by ccmtcanada

There still is resident rainbows that stay in the rivers you will see the difference they are a little darker and are more colorful, some browns stay and become residents to tribs and in the beginning months of summer specks do there runs theres also bass you would be amazed at the species of fish hiding in the cover and shadows in Lake O tribs.

You can always fish for the resident browns and brookies in the headwaters - They're there year round. When I'm not carping, I spend my time at the Humber or Rouge fishing for late-run suckers, shiners and chub. I also get a few bass too. Keeps the centrepin spinning and float rod lightly bent till the salmon arrive.

Theres lots of fishing to be had, you just have to know where to find it!

Ive got a spot on a "well known" trib that gets fished into the ground spring and fall, but I can catch resident bows and browns all summer without seeing a sole. You also have to be prepared to go bushwacking to find a nice hole that no one else would bother with finding.

You can always fish for the resident browns and brookies in the headwaters - They're there year round.

You could run into a large fish of different species near creeks mouths after most trout go back in the lake.

You have to hit headwaters mostly for trout. There are still a bunch of little specks, browns and bows up there.

Waders are a must., usually dense brush and no one to be found.

Caught these fish last year between late May and late July, in eastern trib headwaters.

IMG_0009_2.jpg

biggestbrown.jpg

DSCN1195.jpg

IMG_0012-1.jpg

Pleasant quiet waters half an hour north east of Toronto.

Picture003-1.jpg